Friday, November 1, 2013

gratitude practice: day 1

i wrote earlier today about my goal to make gratitude a priority this november - here we go!

you know those days where you wake up and things just feel hard? that was this morning - it was like my brain hadn't quite turned on yet. all i knew is that i needed to make it out the door to yoga class. 

running a few minutes behind schedule, i made it out the door and into the car. i was feeling hurried on my drive to the studio but all my cares went away once i realized i was hitting every single green light. 

and that was my first conscious moment of gratitude this month. being present enough to notice all those lights turning green, helping me get to class. i made it to class with plenty of time to settle in before practice started, carrying with me an attitude of gratitude for all those little things that brighten the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment